District businesses selling food or alcohol are required to charge $.05 for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag. Find out about DC's Bag Law.
EnergySmart DC Solar Initiatives
DDOE solar initiatives are currently undergoing revision as part of EnergySmart DC, the District’s 5-year energy plan. Please visit us again soon for more information.
Meeting Announcement: DDOE cordially invites you to a public meeting on Thursday September 18, 2014 to discuss issues related to the use of the Alternative Compliance Payments (ACP) collected for solar initiatives in the District. Read More>>
- Federal Tax Credits Available for Solar and Energy Efficiency Projects (The District of Columbia does not offer tax incentives at this time.)
- How Solar Electric Systems Work
- Estimate Your PV System's Output with PV WATTS
- How Solar Water Heating Systems Work
For more information, contact the DDOE Energy Administration at 202.535.2600 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy use in homes and businesses can be a major expense and has a large impact on the world around us.
Generating energy by traditional means using fossil fuels generates pollution as well as greenhouse gases, which when trapped in the earth’s atmosphere contribute to global climate change.
By making your home or business more energy efficient, you can avoid excess energy consumption. You will save money while also reducing your ecological footprint.
- Energy Efficiency Resources for Businesses
Resources for Residents:
- Help Weatherizing your Home (Low Income)
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits
- Additional Energy Efficiency Resources for Residents
- Energy Efficiency Workshop and Kit
The program operates on a first-come, first-served basis and rebates are dependent upon funding availability.