District businesses selling food or alcohol are required to charge $.05 for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag. Find out about DC's Bag Law.
Dupont Green Week
DDOE has been invited to participate in various events taking place during Dupont Green Week!
Daily events will take place around the Dupont Circle area – including a number of Roundtable Discussions on Thursday May 17th and Friday May 18th.
Thursday May 17th and Friday May 18th Roundtable TOPICS include :
- What is Green,
- Green Entrepreneurs and Dupont Circle,
- Food and Sustainability,
- Green Property Owners,
- Green Economy – jobs and benefits of supporting the green economy.
Saturday May 19th Evening Gala:
- An excellent opportunity to spend an evening “green” networking.
Sunday May 20th:
- Picnic in Dupont Circle – Sustainable Brunch and Energy Efficiency Exhibition.
- Seize this opportunity to host the DDOE exhibit table on Energy Efficiency.
Fine points on participating in events are forthcoming. In the interim - the following link to the Dupont Green website will provide an overview on the aforementioned events. (http://dupontgreenweek.com/).