District businesses selling food or alcohol are required to charge $.05 for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag. Find out about DC's Bag Law.
Final Benchmarking Rulemaking
On January 18, 2013, DDOE published a final rulemaking in the DC Register. The rulemaking is accompanied by a set of guidance documents, published online here. These provide additional technical details that needed for full compliance with the District’s benchmarking requirements, and instructions for the adjustments being made to the program for its initial year. The set of guidance documents also include several optional forms for requesting tenant
that building owners and managers may find useful. DDOE has also produced a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.) document.
“UPDATE: Revised Guidance Documents for reporting 2013 data! The Data Collection Worksheet guidance document for 2013 contains the following changes:
- Revised guidelines for including or excluding certain non-ratable tenant spaces
- Whole-building electrical data is required
- Running the EPA’s new “Data Quality Checker” is highly recommended.
- The list of reasons a building may be exempt from the benchmarking law has been clarified
- A new simpler layout consistent with the New ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®
Additionally, the Non-Residential Tenant Data Request Form has been updated to make it simpler and consistent with the New ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
Updated for 2014: The DC Sustainable Energy Utility has prepared a two-page flyer that details the requirements for benchmarking in the District of Columbia, resources for help, and a step-by-step checklist.
[DOC] This document is presented as a Microsoft Word. If you unable to open the document, download the viewer.