The District has banned the use of food service products made of expanded polystyrene. Read More>>
Public Reports on Recycling
The District of Columbia is pleased to issue these Reports pursuant to D.C. Law 7-226, the “D.C. Solid Waste Management and Multi-Material Recycling Act of 1988”.
The reports present an overall evaluation of the recycling activities of the District of Columbia, including:
- an analysis of the overall success of the residential, commercial and District government building recycling programs in meeting the statutory recovery targets;
- an analysis of solid waste and recycling tonnage, cost, revenue;
- an evaluation of the District Government’s mandatory recycling program;
- updates on the District Government’s public education and outreach efforts;
- a progress report on enforcement activities; and
- information on sustainable practices, including - but not limited to - Environmental Preferable Purchasing (EPP) and new procurement policies and directives.