District businesses selling food or alcohol are required to charge $.05 for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag. Find out about DC's Bag Law.
Air Quality Division Contacts
For general information about the Air Quality Division, contact William Bolden at (202) 535-2250.
- Air Monitoring Network or air quality data- Rama Tangirala, Branch Chief, at (202) 535-2989, or Bob Day at (202) 535-2258.
- Asbestos Program- Manuel Oliva at (202) 724-7650.
- Complaints about harmful levels of smoke, odor, dust, or other potential outdoor air quality violation- Manuel Oliva at (202) 724-7650.
- Emissions Inventory or general planning inquiries- Jessica Daniels at (202) 741-0862.
- Permitting- Stephen Ours, Branch Chief, at (202) 535-1747.
- Radon and other indoor air quality inquiries (except mold)- Keith Keemer at (202) 535-2999.
- Small Business Assistance Program- Olivia Achuko at (202) 535-2997.
Vehicle I/M Program inquiries- Rama Tangirala, Branch Chief, at (202) 535-2989, or Charles Williams at (202) 535-2988.
Air Quality Division's Associate Director- Cecily Beall at (202) 535-2250.