District businesses selling food or alcohol are required to charge $.05 for each disposable paper or plastic carryout bag. Find out about DC's Bag Law.
Air Quality Division Contacts
For general information about the District’s Air Quality Division, contact William Bolden at (202) 535-2250.
Air Quality Division Contacts:
- For Asbestos Program inquiries, contact Keith Keemer at (202) 535-2999.
- For Small Business Assistance Program inquiries, contact Olivia Achuko at (202) 535-2997.
- For radon and other indoor air quality inquiries (except mold), contact Keith Keemer at (202) 535-2999.
- For Vehicle I/M Program inquiries, contact Rama Tangirala, Branch Chief, at (202) 535-2989, or Charles Williams at (202) 535-2988.
- For inquiries about the District’s Monitoring Network or air quality data, contact Rama Tangirala, Branch Chief, at (202) 535-2989, or Bob Day at (202) 535-2258.
- For Emissions Inventory or general planning inquiries, contact Jessica Daniels at (202) 741-0862.
- For the Air Quality Division's Associate Director, contact Cecily Beall at (202) 535-2250.
- To apply for an air quality permit, contact Stephen Ours, Branch Chief, at (202) 535-1747.
- To file an air quality complaint about harmful levels of smoke, odor, dust, or other potential outdoor air quality violation, contact Stephen Ours, Branch Chief, at (202) 535-1747.